Inside Sales Representative
Reporting directly to the Inside Sales Supervisor, the Inside Sales Representative provides complete sales service to walk-in retail and small contractor and builder customers. They provide direct support to Outside Sales Representatives and Project Managers through preparation of quotes and production requests for larger projects, as well as in the ongoing development of existing and prospective Riverside customers to ensure that company is able to meet its growth targets.
The Inside Sales Representative coordinates directly with all internal departments to provide efficient and accurate service to customers.
- Assess and qualify the needs of walk-in showroom customers (retail, contractors and builders) and sell products according to their budget, upselling at all times
- Sell Riverside’s industry leading value proposition of one stop shopping for interior finishing products & services
- Cold call potential customers to develop new business opportunities
- Prospect potential builder customers and or projects for outside sales representatives
- Conduct Post Sale Follow Up (call customer to ensure they are satisfied with product/service)
- Work with all personnel and outside contacts to satisfy clients and achieve company goals
- Represent Riverside in a positive and professional manner
- Identify areas of improvement for the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions
- Maintain work areas (including showroom) in a clean and organized manner
- Create customer orders and take proper payments as required
- Create estimates for walk in customers and refer larger estimates to Estimating department
- Answer phone sales inquiries and direct larger leads to outside sales
- Keep up to date on industry trends and new and exciting products
- Perform regular price comparisons to competitors
- Complete and maintain accurate sales forecasts, data gathering and reports for Business Managers
- Take responsibility for sales improvement initiatives and other assigned action items
- Conduct regular customer review calls as per customer review procedure and follow up as necessary
- Assist in the implementation of Salesforce CRM
- Collect and report post sales customer information and issues
- Provide recommendations regarding the improvement of customer sales and retention tools and procedures
- Perform any other duties assigned by your manager
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- One Year Sales Experience or some level of customer service experience
- Retail sales experience is an asset
- Building Industry experience is an asset
- Able to read and interpret blueprints
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft, Word Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Business Vision & Salesforce are an asset.
- Positive attitude, exemplary attendance, and reliable team member
The following will be used to evaluate and compensate the performance of the Inside Sales Representative:
- Annual base salary based on experience
- Employee healthcare, dental & vision benefits
Why Selling Doors and Trim Offers a HIGH Earning Potential
Have you been selling in the right industry?
If you love what you do and you do it well, buuut – you aren’t necessarily interested in continuing to sell in your current industry, then we owe it to you to let you in on why selling doors and trim is truly an excellent market to get into.
4 Employees Share What They Love Most about Working at Riverside Millwork
We really are like one big happy family
If you work in sales, you know that things can get discouraging from time to time, even when you’re working your hardest.
While this is simply the nature of all sales jobs, some sales environments are simply more positive, motivating and exciting to work in than others – and Riverside Millwork is one of those places!